Primacy Duplex Expert MAG ISO, USB & ETHERNET With Mag ISO Dual HiCo/LoCo 3-track magnetic stripe encoder
Primacy is a high-end printer that is easy-to-use, flexible and fast. When loaded with the Evolis cutting-edge encoding technologies, Primacy turns into the ideal solution to issue cards. Primacy supports any requirement in card. printing and encoding, in medium to largeruns. This is the perfect option to deliver transportation passes, payment cards, identification badges, as well as multi-feature cards. Easy-to-use, Primacy supports single or dualsided printing, and, just like other printers from Evolis, offers superior quality, at an affordable price point.
Save time and increase your productivity
Optimized production and independence
Primacy is adapted to printing in batches as it personalizes cards in record time:
- In color: up to 225 single-sided cards per hour and 140 double-sided cards per hour,
- In monochrome: up to 1,000 cards per hour, as the cards are ejected at the rear, enabling the printing speed to be increased (delivered as standard).
The large capacity of the feeder and hopper, which can each hold 100 cards:
- Provides a great level of autonomy in a very reduced space,
- And thus reduces the frequency of reloading the cards.
Primacy prints your cards in a high photographic resolution and from edge to edge for a flawless result.
- Color printing: up to 300x600 dpi
- Monochrome printing: up to 300x1200 dpi
Quick and easy to use
- The Primacy printer adapts to your needs:
- For use in office mode
- The cards are handled at the front of the machine, ensuring that it is quick to use and allowing you to keep an eye on the printing at any time.
- For over-the-counter applications (banks, events, shops, etc.):
- A printer model equipped with an open hopper is available, so you can collect the cards one by one and hand them instantly to your customers or visitors.
- The touchscreen (optional) allows you to interact with the printer in real time.
- For applications requiring a high level of security in card printing:
- If specifically requested, a model is available with an electro-mechanical locking system to secure access to the printer:
- Blank cards,
- Printing ribbons,
- Printer core and encoding systems,
- From your computer:
- The Evolis Premium Suite® software lets you easily control the printer thanks to notifications directly on your screen.
- With the Evolis software development kit (SDK), you can easily integrate the Primacy systems into your existing IT systems.
- The Evolis High Trust® printing ribbons are installed in an instant and are recognized and automatically configured by the printer.
A long term vision
As Primacy adapts to your needs, you can activate the double-sided printing function on site.
You can adapt your printer at any time by integrating a CLM (Card Lamination Module) or a variety of encoders:
- Magnetic strip,
- Contact chip,
- Or contactless chip.
Primacy benefits from the experience and proven quality control of Evolis. It guarantees optimal functioning and a perfect result. Evolis' firm commitment to quality is also illustrated by the printer's standard three-year guarantee.
- Direct-to-card dye-sublimation/Resin thermal transfer
- Single-sided printing, edge-to-edge
- Standard 300 x 300 dpi resolution
- Customizable 300 x 600 dpi resolution (color and monochrome printing) or 300 x 1200 dpi resolution (monochrome printing only)
- Colors available: fire red & brilliant blue
- Dual-sided Card Lamination Module (CLM) as an option1
- 32 MB memory (RAM) standard - optional 64 MB1
- Single side:
- Color (YMCKO): 190 - 225 cards/hour
- Monochrome: 800 - 1000 cards/hour
- Dual side:
- Color (YMCKO-K): 140 cards/hour
- USB (1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0), cable supplied
- Ethernet TCP-IP 10BaseT, 100BaseT (Traffic Led)
- 802.11b/g wireless connection on the Wireless range
Cards management and specifications
- Feeder capacity: 100 cards (0.76 mm – 30 mil)
- Output hopper capacity: 100 cards (0.76 mm – 30 mil)
- Open output hopper as an option for collecting cards one by one
- Reject tray/output hopper capacity at the back: 50 cards (0.76 mm – 30 mil)
- Card thickness: 0.25 to 1.25 mm (10 to 50 mil), gauge adjustment (0.25 mm - 10 mil only for monochrome printing)
- Card types: PVC cards, composite PVC cards, PET cards, ABS cards1, special varnished cards1
- Card format: ISO CR80 - ISO 7810 (53.98 mm x 85.60 mm)
Additional encoding modules
- Available modules:
- Magnetic stripe encoder ISO 7811 HiCo/LoCo, JIS2
- Smart contact station ISO 7816-2
- Contact smart card encoder - PC/SC, EMV 2011-1
- Contactless smart card encoder - ISO 14443A, B, ISO15693, MIFARE, DESFire, HID iCLASS, UHF (standard compliance: EPC C1 Gen2 / ISO18000-6C ETSI EN 302 208 or FCC part 15.247)
- Other specific encoders upon request
- Internal USB or IP ports
- USB encoding over IP through additional USB Net Server module, upon request
- Options can be combined
- Factory-installed or installed on site
- Support for Kensington® security lock
- Data encryption for magnetic encoding1
- Locking system as an option1
- Printer LEDs
- Color touch screen as an option
- Graphical notifications from the printer2: cleaning alerts, empty/low level ribbon and card alerts, etc.
Evolis High Trust® Ribbon
To maximize the quality and durability of printed cards, the lifespan of the print head and the overall printer reliability, use Evolis High Trust® ribbons.
- Automatic identification and setting
- Delivered in a drop-in cassette for easy handling
- Ribbon saver for monochrome printing
- Delivered with Evolis Premium Suite® for Windows®:
- Printer driver
- Evolis Print Center for administration and settings
- Evolis Printer Manager for graphical notification3
- 24/7 online support
- Compatible with Windows® (32/64 bits): XP SP3, Vista, W7, W8, W10
- Delivered with cardPresso XXS for designing and editing badges:
- Internal database (unlimited records)
- Windows® (from XP onwards) and Mac OS X
- Delivered with a driver for Mac OS X (from 10.6 onwards)
- Linux OS upon request
- Evolis Premium SDK for remote supervision of the printer, while facilitating and speeding up integration into IT systems
Eco-friendly design, certifications and statement of compliance
- Standby, sleep modes & reduced energy consumption
- CE, FCC, ICES, VCCI, CCC, KC, BIS, EAC
Size and weight
- Size (H x W x D):
- 247 x 205 x 381 mm (9.72’’ x 8.07’’ x 14.99’’)
- With reject tray/output hopper at the back:
- 247 x 205 x 487 mm (9.72’’ x 8.07’’ x 19.17’’)
- Weight: 4.02 kg (8.86 lbs)
- With reject tray/output hopper at the back:
- 4.11 kg (9.06 lbs)
- 1-year warranty (excluding print head)4
- Warranty extension available as an option
1 Under specific conditions / 2 Depends on the Windows® version / 3 Requires the .net 4.0 client profile version / 4 Warranty subject to observance of specific conditions and use of Evolis High Trust® ribbons